Thursday, July 12, 2012

Egg-Sausage Casserole (less dairy haha)


Sooo... since the egg-sausage casserole was such a hit at the BFD party (yes i made an acronym, its gonna catch on), I thought I would share the recipe with you all since I'm a good friend like that. And so I remember it to make later.





I got the recipe from Mama Fred and it originally had cheese in it but obviously I had to take that out. You can add cheese if you have an insatiable dairy craving. Trust me, I understand. Otherwise I think it tastes fine without it. Plus, its probably a lot healthier.

Also, this recipe is a great way to get rid of you eggs if you suspect fowl play.

...that just happened.

Anyways, I encourage you to add whatever mixins you desire for this recipe to spice it up!

Vamonos!

Ingredients

1 lb sausage
4-6 slices of bread, cubed
6 eggs
1 cup soy milk or almond milk - UNSWEETENED
1tsp salt
2 tsp turmeric or mustard powder
1 tsp pepper
1/2 cup chopped peppers (optional)




- Brown sausage in a skillet over medium heat. Remove from heat.


- Meanwhile whisk the eggs and add the soymilk, salt, pepper, and turmeric.




- Grease a 9x13 baking dish and place bread cubes and sausage (and peppers if you wish) in dish.












- Pour egg mixture over top.
















- Let sit in fridge overnight.

Oh, hello 3 cartons of almond milk in the fridge. That's right. My roommates are awesome and we have 3 cartons of almond milk. Cause we live on the edge.

















Ta-dah!

- When ready, bake for 30 minutes at 375 or until just a small amount of juice comes out when you turn the dish on it's side.





Devour with friends or alone while watching your favorite sitcom.

No comments:

Post a Comment