Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Angsty Protein Shake



The other week I was feeling super angsty after a dramatic phone conversation. So naturally, as soon as I got back to the apartment, I ran to the kitchen to let my emotions out by cooking. You can see how this is becoming a problem (financially and psychologically).







In a frenzy, I grabbed the first ingredients that suited my fancy and current sweet/chocolate craving. Thank goodness I had chocolate protein powder and my roommate had some cherries in the fridge that were on the brink of death. God was watching out for me that day.




Luckily for me, this angst gave birth to a fabulous protein shake, perfect for quenching my hunger and raging emotions after my morning run/phone conversation.

So here you go, all the goodness, with no guilt for you, my readers. Here is my chocolate-cherry protein shake.

Ingredients

1/4 cup cherries
1/4 cup ice cubes
1/4 cup soymilk
1 scoop chocolate soy protein powder
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder





Chop up cherries.














Add all ingredients to blender and blend to your heart's content.














VOILA! Easy peasy cherry-squeezy. So next time you're feeling moody, head for the shake instead of the ice cream or chocolate bars, my friends. This shake is just as rich and will keep you fuller for much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment