Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Peanut Butter-Addicts Anonymous.

Hello all! 

 This week I made the tough decision to go on a peanut butter fast after speedily consuming 20 oz in approximately 5 days. 
I regret nothing. 

So, in order to compensate for this, I came up with an alternative to my dipping and spoon-feeding desires. Chocolate whipped cream. NOM! 

It’s pretty much the easiest thing ever, and I never use a full carton of whipping cream, so this is a practical solution to dispose of the remains. Very economical. How easy is that?

So here we go. 

Ingredients:

2 Cups whipping cream
1tsp vanilla
2-3 heaping tbsp of cocoa powder (depending on how chocolatey you want your whipped cream to be)
1/2 cup of sugar





It’s quite simple. You pour everything in a bowl and mix with a mixer or whisk until the cream forms soft peaks. Basically, this is when you could pull your whisk out of the mixture and have a lovely peak of cream attached. 




I love this because you can 
1. Use it as a PB substitute (for all you addicts out there)
2. Can whip it up all by yourself instead of going to the store and making yourself feel like a fatty - you just prepared a meal for yourself on a college budget! Look at how healthy you are! You home-cooking goddess, you! Not like all those other lazy college students who get fast food for their dinners. 
No sir-ee.


Anyway, I sprinkled mine with a bit of extra cocoa powder to make it look classy and then ate it with a peach I got from the farmer's market. It was a lovely evening. 
I wish you the same as you make this lovely recipe!



No comments:

Post a Comment