Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Roadtrip Snack To Remember

Hello friends and loved ones. This morning I made one of the greatest purchases of my young life. David and I went on a little road trip this morning with our friend Simon and all Lexingtonian foodies know that a Lexington-roadtrip can't be complete without a $5 box of doughnuts from Doughdaddy's. Essential.

So naturally on our way out of town, we stopped for gas at the lovely Doughdaddy's station and I entered to purchase one of said boxes. I took a quick survey of the box pile and then began my search. I dug and sorted through hose boxes like it was my job, and it was looking grim until I uncovered the last box in the pile. I am not exaggerating here. It was beautiful. I inside this box were all the Doughdaddy's flavors that David and I adore, in perfect portions to share equally.


Blueberry, Blueberry Cream Cheese, Buttermilk, and Buttermilk Cream Cheese. Real. Life.

But oh these aren't your regular doughnuts. They're cake doughnuts. So, SO bad for you but mind-bogglingly delicious. I don't understand how they're so good and I don't really care. Some things in life are better left in secret.

So in my giddiness I had to share. Thank you for basking in this glory with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment